- Please note that the program deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is used to purchase the ticket entrance to Machu Picchu and also for booking the train tickets and hotels. And once a space is purchased, it cannot be resold.
- «Sunrise Peru Trek» will not give any refunds if a participant decides to cancel the trip prior to departure or during the trip.
- If «Sunrise Peru Trek» doesn’t confirm the reservation, your payment will be refunded totally.
- All participants have to carry their own backpacks, including sleeping bag and mattresses unless they booked an extra porter or the service includes porters, horsemen or mules.
- A participant must declare if he/she has any sickness or medical disorder and must bring his/her own medicines.
- All participants must bring their original passport and, if available, their original student card «ISIC».
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. «Sunrise Peru Trek» cannot be accounted for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own.
- In case force majeure occurs, like impossibility to operate the program or trek due to unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside control like: extreme weather conditions, landslides, strikes not allowing operation or putting it at risk, sudden inaccessibility of route, etc. «Sunrise Peru Trek» will propose viable solutions to operate the program within the available dates, or if impossible, we’ll then propose an alternative program. If the alternative program chosen by the client is of lower value than that originally booked then the client is entitled to a refund of the price difference. All costs derived will be at the expense of the client. In case none of these would be feasible, «Sunrise Peru Trek» would refund all the money paid except all the incurred expenses so far.
Travel in Peru:
“SUNRISE PERU TREK” operates in regions where standards of accommodation, transport and services might not be those you would normally expect. However, we strive, with all due care and skill, to provide the best services for our customers. Travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, broad-mindedness, good humor and understanding that changes may be made without notice due to circumstances beyond our control. By booking any of our tours, you agree with “SUNRISE PERU TREK” making necessary changes without liability.
In the event of a protest/strike, which are not uncommon in Cusco, it may be necessary to leave a day or even 2 days earlier than scheduled so that we are able to comply with other services. In this case, an increment will be charged to cover costs incurred.
By booking any of our adventure trips (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Lares, etc.) you assume the risks associated with them. For these «SUNRISE PERU TREK» accepts no responsibility.
We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance that covers accidents, medical expenses and emergency repatriation, including rescue and air ambulance. We also recommend that it covers cancellations and loss of luggage. Please forward a copy/ company name and policy number by email or bring the information when you come to our office.
About the Briefing:
The night before your trek, there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing) in our office at either 06:00 p.m or 07:00 p.m (exact time will be confirmed on your arrival or by email). Your duffel bag will be provided at this time if you have paid for an extra porter for the Inca Trail or if you are doing an alternative trek.
Payment of Final Balance:
We require you to pay your final balance in our offices at least 48 hours prior to your tour departure (please advise if you have any delays on arrival).You can pay your balance in cash and in US dollars.
- Deposit sent for booking is non-refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour.
- «SUNRISE PERU TREK» must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will be, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
We recommend you to arrive to Cusco 48 hours or more before the trek departure as we may need to leave earlier than scheduled in case of strikes or other events out of our control.
Bookings should be made as far in advance as possible; especially the 4 days Inca Trail is in high demand throughout the year and we recommend that you make your reservation as soon as you have received our confirmation of availability.
Prices are based on twin or triple room accommodation; a single supplement is available and single accommodation can be provided at an additional cost of US$25 per person per every night.
NOTE: If a passenger leaves the tour for any reason, any extra expenses are the passenger’s responsibility and the company shall not be liable for any refund.