HUCHUY QOSQO TREK 3 DAYS: It takes you to visit Machu Picchu too
Experience beautiful mountains, deep valleys and mysterious Inca settlements around Cusco and Machu Picchu
Huchuy Qosqo Trek is a charming route that offers great combination of beauty and contrasts in scenery, wildlife and ancient cultures. This trek takes you through beautiful highland forests and meadows covered with fresh straw where the herds of Llamas and Alpacas are walking freely through it. You’ll be starting your Huchuy Qosqo Trek with a crunchy walk on Andean straw decorated with Rocky Mountains.
You’ll also get to experience some of the prettiest campsites that the Huchuy Qosqo Trek has to offer. On reaching the Inca settlement of Huchuy Qosqo you’ll be rewarded with stunning views of the Sacred Valley of The Incas and the Mountain of the Urubamba Mountain range.
The Huchuy Qosqo Trek lies in the Northeast of the city of Cusco and is named as the balcony trekking of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, where every trekker marvels over the magnificent sceneries that the Huchuy Qosqo Trek offers and its unspoiled bio-diversity. According to recent surveys undertaken by one of the American Organizations, Huchuy Qosqo Trek has been marked as one of the world’s best trekking trails. Huchuy Qosqo Trek is only such region for trekking that offers splendid varieties of natural and cultural diversity with spectacular views of the Andes.
THREE DAYS TOURFrom Cusco to Cusco
- Entrance fees
- Hotels + Guide
Our Huchuy Qosqo Trek, is one of the famous short treks but one of the most scenic trek in Peru that leads you to the Inca palace of Inca “Wiracocha”; it is very famous for been less strolled trail and see the sunrise over Machu Picchu Inca citadel. Huchuy Qosqo Trek will last for 3 days, which encompasses Patabamba Village on the way, the Inca Palace of Huchuy Qosqo and the misterius Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. Huchuy Qosqo Trek is suitable mostly for trekkers with kids, old aged people and the one who are running out of time yet want to explore natural beauties of Peru. Maximum elevation hits during Huchuy Qosqo Trek is at Rumicruz Pass, which is on line of 4,230 m from sea level.
This Huchuy Qosqo Trek starts in the community of “Patabamba” and end in the village of Lamay from here we drive a car to the train station of Ollantaytambo and ride the train to the town of Aguasn caleintes; the next day we’ll explore the stunning Machu Picchu.
AT A GLANCE
- TIMING: 3 days and 2 nights.
- STARTING POINT: Cusco hotel.
- ENDING POINT: Cusco hotel.
- DIFFICULTY: Moderate to Challenging.
- DISTANCE: 30 Km
- WHEN TO GO: The best time to visit is from April until October, it’s the busy season (especially from June to August), but it’s also the dry season.
- ALTITUDE: Max 4,350 masl to Min 2,800 masl
- TEMPERATURES: From 2ºC to 28ºC
- NOTE: If you require assistance to purchase your air tickets from Lima to Cusco, we can assist you on this issue.
- 2 Passengers is a minimum to confirm this trek as a private tour in any new date not shown in our confirmed departures.
Day 1: Pucamarca
We’ll pick you up from your hotel and head to Tambomachay (10 minutes from Cusco), then enjoy trekking through the Peruvian Andes.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes town
Explore the Huchuy Qosqo Inca ruins and continue the trip to Machu Picchu.
Day 3: Machu Picchu
Arrival to Machu Picchu for the sunrise and we’ll explore every important place; in the afternoon, we will return to Cusco.
- Enjoy staying at a guest House including dinner & breakfast
- Breathtaking trail
- Witness Old Inca palace of Inca “Wiracocha
- Incredible photographic opportunities
- Guided Inca trail to Huchuy Qosqo
- Guided tour through Huchuy Qosqo Inca settlement
- Machu Picchu Guided tour
Detailed trek itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Tambomachay – Pucamarca (4,010 masl)
Huchuy Qosqo Trek begins once we pick you up from your hotel at 07:00 a.m and drive to Tambomachay (3,800 masl) an Inca Temple of the Water Cult which has ceremonial fountains. From here, we are going to start hiking through the Puna landscapes and over the Sicllaccasa Pass (4,020 masl). On the other side of the pass, we will hike along a trail that leads to Ccauca Ravine and admire archaeological remains and wild crops such as quinoa.
Continue on to Queulloca Pass (4,185 masl) where we will enjoy views of a lake with the same name and the snow-capped mountains of Veronica, Pitusiray, Sawasiray, and Chicon. Continuing the trek, we’ll pass Queullococha Lake where we might see huallatas, ducks, and small fish. Then, we’ll climb towards the Challu Challu pass (4,220 masl).
Later, we’ll ascend to the fourth pass at Rumicruz (4,230 masl) to enjoy Vilcanota Mountain Range. At this point, we will have lunch before continuing to an Inca stone quarry (4,220 masl), the place where the rocks were extracted to build Huchuy Qosqo. Finally, we will descend to the Pucamarca Community (4,010 masl) where we will set up the campsite and have dinner.
Meals: L & D.
Maximum Altitude: 4,230 masl.
Minimum Altitude: 3,700 masl.
Distance Travelled: 14 km.
Approximate Walking Time: 6-7 hours.
Day 2: Pucamarca – Huchuy Qosqo – Lamay – «Aguas Calientes»
Early in the morning, we will leave the camp and walk downhill to the Leon Punku Ravine where we will find remains of an Inca bridge and a trail. Then, we will hike Huchuy Qosqo (3,600 masl) which was an important center in the time of the Incas. From this place, we will be able to admire the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the Sacred River. Once we arrive at Huchuy Qosqo, we will have a guided tour by our experienced guide, ending about lunch time. After that, we will continue the trek to Lamay (2,800 masl) where we could bathe and relax in the natural hot springs.
In the afternoon, a bus will pick us up to travel back to Cusco where we will arrive in the evening. Later in the afternoon, our private transport will bring us to Ollantaytambo where we will catch the afternoon train to «Aguas Calientes». Upon our arrival to Aguas Calientes, we will be directed to our rooms. You will have free time for the rest of the night.
Meals: B, L & D.
Maximum Altitude: 4,230 masl/13,916 ft.
Minimum Altitude: 3,605 masl/11,860 ft.
Distance Travelled: 9 Km.
Approximate Walking Time: 4-5 Hours.
Day 3: «Aguas Calientes» – Machu Picchu – Cusco
On the third day of the tour, we’ll have to get up very early in the morning and catch the first bus up to Machu Picchu, Once at Machu Picchu, the tour guide will explain the meanings , importance and story of Machu Picchu while we’re gonna tour the city. The tour will take about 2 hours. After the tour, you have the option to climb up to the Wayna Picchu Mountain, enjoying everything of Machu Picchu. Afterwards, we will take a bus down to «Aguas Calientes» and we’ll catch the train back to Cusco.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Includes
- Transportation: Tourist bus from Cusco to Tambomachay, starting point of the trek and from Lamay to Ollantaytambo. Tourist train expeditions class from Ollantaytambo to «Aguas Calientes» and from «Aguas Calientes» to Ollantaytambo. Bus up and down from «Aguas Calientes» to Machu Picchu. Transfer to your hotel.
- Acommodations: 01 night at family hause in Huchuy Qosqo, 01 night hotel accommodation in the town of «Aguas Calientes» based on double occupancy.
- Entrance fees to Huchuy Qosqo and Machu Picchu.
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 hot lunches, 2 hot dinners; delicious meals prepared by professional chefs. Food includes all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leaf tea which is excellent for the altitude. Teatime everyday (tea, coffee, biscuits, popcorn), we offer vegetarian option, We provide available boiled water each morning for your water bottles.
- Guide: English-speaking professional guides, 2 guides over 8 people.
- Chef: Professional chef and Chef Assistants.
- Horses or Porters: For camping equipment, food and cooking gear as well to carry your personal items (5 kg per person) in duffel bags that we provide.
- Others: First aid kit and emergency oxygen bottle.
- Breakfast on the first morning. Some hotels offer early morning breakfast service.
- Lunch in the town of «Aguas Calientes» on the final day you must consider a budget of $15 to 20 USD in average restaurant.
- Entrance to the thermal baths in «Aguas Calientes» (optional) $6 USD.
- Tips for the staff.
Recomended Things To Take
- Bottle of mineral water.
- Rain gear and/or plastic poncho (can be purchased in Cusco).
- Hiking boots.
- Warm jacket or fleece, T-shirts, shorts, long pants, sun hat and wool hat.
- Sun block.
- Insect repellent.
- Toilet paper and garbage bag.
- Small towel and bathing suit (hot springs – optional).
- Camera, extra film and extra batteries.
- Snacks, chocolates, energy bars.
- Emergency money.
- Walking sticks (optional).
For Huchuy Qosqo trek, we require a non-refundable trek deposit of $150 USD per person. The deposit can be sent by a WESTERN UNION or to our BANK ACCOUNT by money transfer. This is the fastest and most secure form of payment in Peru. The money transfer should be in the name of «SUNRISE PERU TREK» TOUR OPERATOR E.I.R.L. Once you arrive in Cusco, you must pay the remaining balance in cash prior to beginning your tour. We accept both US Dollars and Peruvian Soles (local currency).
The Huchuy qosqo trek to Machu Picchu is available on any date that is best suited for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers
COST OF THE TOUR
|TYPE OF TRAIN||PRICE PER PERSON IN US DOLLARS|
|Expedition class||US$ 360|
|Hiram Bimgham class|
Vistadome upgrade train for the way back: from US$57 per person.
Walking sticks: US$10 for the pair for the whole trek
Huayna Picchu Mt: US$30
PRIVATE TREK PRICE
2 people $450 USD
3-5 people $400 USD
6 -/+ people $350 USD
HOTEL IN AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN
HOSTE PRESIDENTE OR SIMILAR
Address: Aguas Calientes town
Rooms with private bathroom, hot water 24 hrs, Wi-Fi, telephone, Cable TV, central heating, safe deposit box
Restaurant and bar
Huchuy Qosqo Trek & Machu Picchu
The three-day Huchuy Qosqo trek is a fantastic two-day trek in the surrounds of the city of Cusco, departing from Tambomachay (the Temple of the Water of the Incas), located just 10 minutes from Cusco, leading to Huchuy Qosqo or small Cusco. This trek takes you to explore the treasure of the Andes in a short time, it’s perfect for people who don’t want to spend much time in the mountains but still want to feel the charm of the Andes.
On this «Huchuy Qosqo Trek», we will see splendid landscapes and learn about the history of the Incas. We’ll visit Huchuy Qosqo a popular Inca town built in the highest part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It was the great palace of Inca Viracocha, Father of Inca Pachacutec (the most important Kings in the Inca Empire). It has a stunning mountain scenery and fertile places to farm various agricultural products; at the end, we will arrive to Machu Picchu for the sunrise and explore every important place.